Ace Cars Chorley Equal Opportunities Ploicy
13 Willow Road, Chorley, Lancashire PR6 0JA
Phone: 01257 260666 / 07543 214567
Ace Cars Chorley recognises the importance of providing equal opportunities to both passengers and employees without discrimination. This policy outlines the company's stance on equal opportunities in all aspects of employment, including recruitment and promotion, and commits to acting fairly and preventing discrimination based on sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion.
Statement of Policy
- It is the policy of Ace Cars Chorley that no job applicant, employee, or passenger receives less favorable treatment based on sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion.
- The company is committed to promoting equality of opportunity in all aspects of its employment and services towards its passengers.
- Recruitment, training, and promotion policies will be based on job requirements, individual abilities, and merits.
- All employees will be informed of the provisions of this policy.
Recruitment and Promotion
- Job advertisements will provide clear and accurate information to enable potential applicants to assess their suitability.
- Recruitment literature and advertisements will not imply a preference for any group unless a genuine occupational qualification applies.
- Vacancies will be circulated internally.
- Post descriptions will only include necessary and justifiable requirements for effective job performance.
- Ace Cars Chorley will not discriminate in the allocation of duties between employees based on sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion.
- Reasonable measures and adjustments will be implemented for disabled employees in line with The Equality Act 2010.
- Career development and promotion will be based solely on merit with equal opportunities for all employees.
- Clients will not be discriminated against based on sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion.
- Passengers will have access to Ace Cars Chorley services regardless of their characteristics, and any attempts to disrupt this relationship may result in disciplinary action.
- All employees will receive appropriate training regardless of their characteristics.
- Employees are encouraged to discuss career prospects and training needs with their Line Manager or the HR Department.
Grievances and Victimisation
- Discrimination is considered unacceptable conduct and may lead to disciplinary action.
- Complaints of discrimination from employees or passengers will be pursued through the company’s Grievance Procedure.